Website Privacy and Cookie Statement – Engagement Arts Netherlands
We respect your privacy and take the protection of your personal data seriously. This Privacy and Cookie Statement explains how Engagement Arts Netherlands (“we“, “us“) collects and uses your personal data when operating our website and providing our services. We also give information about our efforts to protect your personal data and the rights and options you have to control your data and the protection of your privacy.
This Privacy and Cookie Statement will give you information about:
We advise you to read this Privacy and Cookie Statement carefully and to consult it on a regular basis when you use our website and services.
Personal data is all information that identifies you directly or in combination with other information. We collect personal data automatically when you use our website and services, and personal data that you provide to us when you use our website and services.
The personal data we collect include:
- contact details: such as name, email address, and other personal data that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us or communicate with us, for example via the contact form on our website or when you sign up to our events.
- communications: such as when you communicate with us via the contact form on our website.
- financial details: such as your name and bank account information.
- professional or employment information, such as your CV, information on your current and/or previous employer, job title, and information about education history or background that you provide to us when you apply for a volunteer position or internship.
In many cases you can determine which data you provide to us. In some cases, however we can only meet a request when we receive more data from you, e.g. your email address in order to reach out to you. If so, we will inform you about this separately. Not providing these details may mean that we cannot process your question or request in part or at all or that you may not be able to use our services.
Our websites and services are generally not directed to children under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under 16 without parental consent. If you become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 16 without parental consent, please let us know so we can take appropriate action.
Why we process your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- communicating: we use your personal data to be able to communicate with you, for instance when you contact us via the contact form on our website, sign up for an event, or when you want to exercise your privacy rights. We have a legitimate interest in communicating with you and in answering your questions and requests. Please note that if you do not provide your contact details, we may not be able to reply to your questions, respond to your request or sign you up for an event.
- newsletter and events: we use your personal data to be able to send you our newsletter and provide you information on our events. We have a legitimate interest to manage our events and inform you about developments related to us. We only use your personal data for this purpose if you sign up for our newsletter and/or our events, or if you have registered for one of our events in the past.
- donations: we use your financial details when you make a donation to us. We have a legal obligation to collect and retain this information when you make a donation to us.
- signing statement and/or website publication: when you sign one of more of our statement(s), we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data for administrative purposes. In addition, we may publish your name on our website. We only publish your name on our website when you give us your consent.
- enhancing your website experience: we collect information about your language preferences, in order to offer the website in your preferred language based on our legitimate interest to provide you with a website tailored to your preferences.
- recruiting: when you decide to apply for a volunteer position or internship via our website, we will use your personal data and other information you provided to review your application and manage our recruitment process. We have a legitimate business interest in reviewing your application and managing our human resources.
- complying with legal obligations: we use your personal data where necessary and relevant to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject, for example fiscal obligations. Our obligations may also include complying with orders or requests from public authorities or courts.
With which parties we share personal data
We handle your personal data carefully and confidentially. Your personal data are only available to our board members and/or volunteers to the extent this is relevant and necessary to operate our website, provide our services or comply with our legal obligations.
- service providers: we share your personal data with our third-party service providers, for instance service providers that help us with and providing our services; operating, securing, analysing and improving our services and website; and managing the organization and its administration. Such service providers include among others IT service providers such as our email provider, mailing list service provider, newsletter service provider, video conference service provider, and hosting providers.
- public authorities: we share your personal data with public authorities to the extent this is relevant and necessary. For example, with supervisory authorities, courts and public bodies, to the extent this is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation, such as our fiscal obligations, or to contribute to the prosecution of criminal offences and fraud. We may also share personal data with authorities or courts to protect our rights and property, or the rights and property of third parties.
The third parties with which we share data may be located outside the European Economic Area. These third parties may be located in countries that have a lower legal protection level for personal data than applicable in the European Economic Area. We will only provide your personal data to third parties that handle your personal data confidentially and provide appropriate protection in line with European standards, so that the personal data are protected appropriately (e.g. by concluding standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries as approved by the European Commission).
If you have questions about the international transfer of your personal data or the appropriate safeguards that the we have taken to protect your personal data, please send an email to contact [@] engagementarts.nl.
We have implemented physical, technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data. These measures are aimed at ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data, for instance by ensuring that only authorised employees have access to your personal data. We evaluate and update these measures on a regular basis. Please be aware that no information system can be 100% secure. This means that we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data.
We will retain your personal data no longer than necessary to reply to your questions, comments and queries, for the purposes of event registration and sending our newsletter, to process your donation, for tax purposes, or to offer our website in a user friendly manner. In some cases, we will need to retain your personal data for a longer period than necessary for the aforementioned purposes, for instance to fulfil our legal obligations, such as our fiscal obligations or to bring, investigate or defend legal claims.
How to exercise your rights
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate or outdated.
You have various rights to control how we use your personal data. You may ask us to:
- access your personal data;
- rectify your personal data if such data is inaccurate or outdated;
- erase your personal data;
- restrict the processing of your personal data;
- port your personal data to another party;
- object to our use of your personal data;
- withdraw your consent, if the processing is based on your consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the withdrawal. If you want to withdraw your consent, you can contact us at contact [@] engagementarts.nl or via postal mail to Kraijenhoffstraat 137 A, 1018 RG Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
In certain situations, we may not be in a position to fully comply with your request, for example if you request to delete certain personal data that we are legally obliged to keep, for instance for tax purposes. In that case we will inform you about this.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
In order to protect your privacy, the security and the confidentiality of your personal data, we ask you to confirm your identity. We may, for example, ask you to send a copy of a valid ID along with your request, on which only your name is visible and all other data are redacted, or send you a verification e-mail.
We are committed to handling your queries and complaints as best we can. If you are of the opinion that we have been unable to help you with your complaint or question, you can file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority or your local data protection authority.
- user interface customization cookies: such cookies are used to store a user’s preference regarding a service across web pages and not linked to other persistent identifiers.
|Cookie||Purpose||Source (domain)||Expiration period|
|pll_language||This cookie is used to remember the language selected by the user when returning to the website .||engagementarts.nl||1 year|
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, visit the help section of your browser.
In the settings for browsers like Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can choose which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use:
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Safari
Our website may contain links to other websites, such as social media widgets . We are not responsible for the way in which these third parties handle your personal data. We advise you to read the privacy statement of the third party when you visit its website in order to understand how this third party collects and uses your personal data.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or complaints about this Privacy and Cookie Statement or the way in which we use your personal data, please contact us at:
via email at:
contact [@] engagementarts.nl
or via postal mail to:
Kraijenhoffstraat 137 A
1018 RG Amsterdam
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy and Cookie Statement. We therefore advise you to consult our website on a regular basis so that you are aware of any changes. We will take reasonable steps to inform you of changes that will have a substantial impact on your rights.