Treasurer (Penningmeester) /Board Member (bestuurslid)
We are looking for an individual to join our board as Treasurer. Someone who is committed to giving time and effort to play a critical role in guiding the further professionalization of the finance function within our organization. In collaboration with other Board Members, our Treasurer shall oversee all financial and fiscal matters of the organization. They should also oversee the development and Board review of the financial policies, procedures and reporting.
This is a voluntary and unpaid position, by law. Board members work on a voluntary basis and are non-compensated for the position held (out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed). The statutory Board term is three years, after which members may be reappointed for another three-year term.
What technical skills are we are looking for
- Knowledge of and experience with the Dutch regulatory framework for non-profits with ANBI status (must);
- Knowledge in Dutch GAAP;
- Understanding of the funding environment for non-profit organisations in Europe;
- Available for a time commitment of about 8 hours per month (preparing board meetings, interim consultations, attending board meetings). Weekly check of emails/communication received and response as required;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who shares our values of solidarity, intersectionality and accountability, and is firmly committed to adhering to our core values. If you are excited about the work we do and is committed to contributing to its fulfillment, you will join our organization to perform the following tasks:
- Responsible for day to day financial affairs – take full control over cash flow planning, analysis, reporting and improvements;
- Maintain the following parameters per key activity on a monthly basis: budget | funds spent to date | funds remaining
- Provide advice to the Board in connection with the foregoing;
- Set up tax and cash management policy and procedures;
- Review the draft annual financial report ensuring accuracy (in cooperation with the external accountant);
- Submit income tax forms to the Dutch tax authority if needed;
- Attend board meetings about once a month, usually via online platforms;
- Take part in discussions with donors and philanthropic partners providing assurance of the very transparent use of funds;
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and registration requirements;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned.
Interested parties are requested to send their detailed motivation and curriculum vitae to contact(at)engagementarts(dot)nl stating: Treasurer
The Chairwoman and Vice-chairwoman will then have a personal interview with the candidates. For further information, please contact the Vice-Chairwoman of the board. After the appointment, the incoming treasurer can be trained by the Interim treasurer.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this (or other roles within our organization). Just reach out!
Open call: Volunteers
ENGAGEMENT ARTS NL is constantly looking for committed volunteers for the following areas:
- graphic design
- research & writing
- events management
- fundraising support
- communications and social media manager
Preferably you have good written and verbal communication skills in English (Dutch is an asset), a strong affiliation with our cause and our core values, and you can commit to dedicate at least 4hrs/week to the organisation.
These are voluntary and unpaid positions (out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed).
Do you also want to contribute to our cause, but you do not see a vacancy that suits you? Send us an open application with your CV and a brief motivation to contact(at)engagementarts(dot)nl
We occasionally accept internship requests, for this you can send us an email with your portfolio/cv, specifying your area of interest.
EA is an equal opportunity organization. We believe deeply in equality and diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and disability. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and abilities and we are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please indicate this in your application.
At EA, we do not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation, or abuse of any form. All offers of association with us are conditional upon signing a code of conduct, satisfactory reference checks and may be subject to appropriate screening checks.