Treasurer (Penningmeester) /Board Member (bestuurslid)
We are looking for an individual to join our board as Treasurer. Someone who is committed to giving time and effort to play a critical role in guiding the further professionalization of the finance function within our organization. In collaboration with other Board Members, our Treasurer shall oversee all financial and fiscal matters of the organization. They should also oversee the development and Board review of the financial policies, procedures and reporting.
This is a voluntary and unpaid position, in accordance with Dutch law for non-profit organizations. Board members work on a voluntary basis and are non-compensated for the position held (but out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed). The statutory Board term is three years, after which members may be reappointed for another three-year term.
What technical skills are we are looking for
- Knowledge of and experience with the Dutch regulatory framework for non-profits with ANBI status (must);
- Fluent in Dutch and English (must);
- Understanding of the funding environment for non-profit organisations in Europe (nice to have)
Additionally, we are looking for someone who shares our values of solidarity, intersectionality and accountability, and is firmly committed to adhering to our core values. If you are excited about the work we do and is committed to contributing to its fulfillment, you will join our organization to perform the following tasks:
- Take full control over financial affairs (cash flow planning, analysis, reporting and make proposals for improvements);
- Maintain the following parameters per key activity on a monthly basis: budget | funds spent to date | funds remaining
- Provide advice to the Board in connection with the foregoing;
- Set up tax and cash management policy and procedures;
- Review the draft annual financial report ensuring accuracy (in cooperation with the external accountant);
- Submit income tax forms to the Dutch tax authority if needed;
- Attend board meetings about once a month, usually via online platforms;
- Take part in discussions with donors and philanthropic partners providing assurance of our transparent use of funds;
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and registration requirements;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned.
Ideally, you should be available for a time commitment of about 8 hours per month (consisting mostly of preparing and attending board meetings & interim consultations). We also ask that you regularly check mail and incoming messages in the dedicated group app. Almost all mail is sent by email. Of course, you determine the layout of your work yourself, there are no fixed hours (other than for board meetings). Count on an average of 2 hours of work per week.
Interested parties are requested to send their motivation and curriculum vitae to contact(at)engagementarts(dot)nl, stating “Treasurer” in the subject.
The Chairwoman and Vice-chairwoman will then have a personal interview with the candidates. For further information, please contact the Vice-Chairwoman of the board. After the appointment, the incoming treasurer will be trained by the Interim treasurer.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this (or other roles within our organization). Just reach out!
Open call: Volunteers
ENGAGEMENT ARTS NL is constantly looking for committed volunteers for the following areas:
- graphic design
- IT support
- research & writing
- events management
- fundraising support
- communications and social media manager
Preferably you have good written and verbal communication skills in English (Dutch is an asset), a strong affiliation with our cause and our core values, and you can commit to dedicate at least 2hrs/week to the organisation.
These are voluntary and unpaid positions (out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed).
Do you also want to contribute to our cause, but you do not see a vacancy that suits you? Send us an open application with your CV and a brief motivation to contact(at)engagementarts(dot)nl
We occasionally accept internship requests. For this, you can send us an email with your portfolio/cv and a motivation letter (it can be something simple, but do explain why you would like to work with us), and specify your area of interest!
DISCLAIMER FOR ALL POSITIONS
EA/NL is an equal-opportunity organization. We believe deeply in equality and diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and disability. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and abilities and we are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please indicate this in your application.
At EA/NL, we do not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation, or abuse of any form. All offers of association with us are conditional upon signing a code of conduct, and satisfactory reference checks and may be subject to appropriate screening checks.